Sunday, January 21, 2018

Joining the WIPocalypse

I found a new group to join. OK, so I've been aware of their existence for a while, but I didn't really do much except read a few blogs here and there. Well, now I've decided to join in. Hopefully it'll help me get through a few more WIP's and start blogging a bit more again.

The info for the group is here

But basically it's a monthly check-in to see what progress you've made on your WIPs (new or old), and a way to encourage each other. So I'm going to try it, and I'm going to see if I can make some progress.

Therefore - in the spirit of the WIPocalypse I'm going to list the top three projects I'd like to finish. I don't want to list more than that as then I'll be switching the list around so often it'll do my head in. But as I finish one project I'll add another to the bottom of the list. That should hopefully keep me on track, while still allowing me lots of room to change my mind about what I want to do.

1. The piece I'm leading for Cyberpointers at the July meeting. There won't be photos of this until after the meeting, as although it's a chapter book project and so not secret or anything, I just don't feel right posting it since I am doing it for an event. Good news though - it naturally divides into three parts, and I am almost finished the second part.

2. I was going to put Heart/Echoes of Elizabeth here, but well, you know me and new projects. So I signed up for another class. It's a Cyberworkshop with ANG called Allure (about a third of the way down this page), and is supposed to start on Feb 1st. But due to me being on the other side of the world, and things being a bit snowy in the US, I don't have my kit yet, so I don't think I'll be starting it then - and of course I want to finish project 1 first anyway.

3. And I'm guessing that will take me to March easily - whereupon I'm signed up for another workshop here in Auckland called the Embroiderers Great Escape and I'm doing a project called Beetlewings, Beads and Bling (class 4 in the list).

What are the chances I'll actually finish all those three before the next shiny thing comes along and not get distracted?

1 comment:

Jaret said...

Those are very lovely projects. Hopefully you get at least one or two finished before the next shiny attracts your eye!