Friday, April 06, 2018

March WIPocalypse update - with photos even!!!!

I finally have some pieces I can photograph for you. Ok, so the first one isn't much - I didn't get anywhere near as far as I wanted on Allure (I blame work and chores for getting in the way of prime stitching time :) ). But progress on my class that I took at the weekend is going great. So I've put Allure to the side for now and want to finish Beetlewings, Beads and Bling first.

I've also decided that when I get a chance I'm going to add a new list to the side of my blog - all my WIPs and finished projects listed by designer - because I was trying to find the name of a design this afternoon and it took a long time scrolling through the list to find it. It would have been much quicker if I could have gone straight to that designer. But that's a project for another day and will probably just go underneath the lists already there, not replace them or anything. Not that that is probably of much interest to anybody but me :)

So onto the important things: Stitching!!!

Allure (Carolyn Mitchell):


I haven't got very far, but I think once I get going properly it will go quite quick. The class is only up to lesson 2 as well, so I'm not too far behind (says me hopefully).

Beetle-wings and Bling (Julie Clemett):


My class piece from The Great Escape. Doesn't s/he look good? (I still haven't made up my mind whether this is a girl lizard or a boy lizard, and their name keeps changing too). I'm hoping to get this finished quite quickly - I'm going to concentrate on this until it's finished I think.

I've already put in my registration for next years Great Escape - my number one choice is The Catnapper.

Oh - and I found a picture of this little Mill Hill kit on the camera - it doesn't appear that I've shown this to you before. OK, full disclosure - I didn't stitch it. I picked it up prestitched at the guild auction one year, and I finally put it together back in November. Found the instructions - it's called Everygreen Stocking and it's from their Charmed Stocking range.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lizard is looking amazing already. Will be great if you can get it finished quickly too.