Sunday, March 29, 2020

Well that didn't go as planned...

I had got back to my stitching, and was planning my monthly WIPocalypse posts when I got told I had cancer. Then followed surgery, chemotherapy that almost killed me (apparently it disagrees with me - once again I'm a strange outlier lol), and radiotherapy. Through it all God was with me as always, and although I've still got 10 years of tablet taking to go, the worst is over.

Then just as I get back to work and start fitting back into my schedule, COVID-19 comes along and we're all in lockdown. I'm told my job is essential (guess they want to make sure the fuel keeps flowing so other more essential people can make it to their jobs), although at reduced hours as with lower demand less bits break meaning less fixing, so I'm still working instead of stitching.

I was looking back over my WIPocalypse posts to see where I got to and what the heck I was doing, and I found my very first post where I listed three projects and said I'd update the list. Clearly that never happened. So I think I'll redo my list now. At least I can cross off two of the projects that were on there - Bargello Fun, and Beetle-wings and Bling. Allure though, poor thing, has had no love. This has not stopped me from adding to my 'projects to do' list.

So now my top three projects to do are:

1) Queen's Crown (Amy Mitten)
2) Allure (Carolyn Mitchell)
3) Red Square (Joni Stevenson)

I think. I reserve the right to change my mind :)

Plus of course I want to finish all my WIPs - hey, I heard that thump as you hit the ground laughing :)

Now on to the interesting part - what I've been doing all this time. Well, as it turns out, not much (because chemotherapy...). BUT - I did get my piece that I'd been planning for this years Great Escape exhibition finished. Unfortunately Great Escape has been one of the many casualties of the virus, so poor Mr Peacock won't be on display for a while, if ever - I do hope I find another exhibition for him, but who knows - he was created for this one with its theme 'My View'. I have titled the piece 'Look At Me!' and I'm really pleased with how he turned out. So is the cat if his grooming of the feathers around the outside is any indication lol. (And sorry - I've just realised I didn't clean the mirrors before I took the photo).


And while that was a big one to finish (so much so that I have decided designing isn't for me, I'd much rather stitch other peoples designs) it wasn't the only thing I did. While on reduced brain power and off work I started sorting my stash. I am still going, but I have seven (so far) boxes of items to trade. Then I have a huge pile of magazines and magazine pages that will be looking for a new home eventually - I'm hoping I can find someone near(ish)by in NZ who is willing to come and pick the lot up in one go - but I'll worry about sorting that out once I've finished sorting the magazines out (see all the empty boxes that used to have magazines in them).

3 comments:

Shondratasha said...

So glad you recovered from the cancer.

Sandy said...

your peacock is very pretty. Hang in there, things will get back to a new normal for us all.

Beth in IL said...

Stay safe! Glad you are doing better after cancer. All shall be well.