Sunday, July 02, 2017

A finish and some framing

I finished Hot Air Balloons. Maybe one day I'll sew some binding around the edge, but probably it will just go in the drawer with the other things.


I framed Irresistible Iridescents (and it looks much better in real life)


And Desert Diamonds


And Winter Scenery. This one looks a bit funny as the picture was taken with it flat on a chair, but I've rotated the photo so you can see how it's supposed to hang to make the 'lollipop'

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Desert Diamonds and other progress

I finally finished this class. I actually finished it back on the 13th of December, but I didn't get around to posting it on the blog. So here it is now.


In the evening sun.

Trying to be clever and get the stitches to show up - not sure it worked, but I still like the photo.

Before it was finished, showing the difference between having the background and not having it.

I also had a new year start (or two). I chose Echoes of Elizabeth by Gay Ann Rogers as it's been sitting in my stash calling to me for a while. And since I was doing that I also pulled out Heart of Elizabeth as the two go together. I don't have and aren't interested in the Portrait of Elizabeth, so I think these two are all I'll do of the Elizabeth pieces.

Echoes of Elizabeth

Heart of Elizabeth

I'm thinking I might finish the border on Echoes and then finish up the heart before returning to Echoes.

There has also been more progress on Hot Air Balloons by Audlem Mill too. I'm hoping to have this finished before long, and then I'll work on the third old WIP I pulled out before choosing another group of three.


And I started on the next (and last) round robin which should probably be the first thing I concentrate on stitching.

Last of all, here's my finished by others, but not me yet, round robin :) I have a plan for the corners and borders, and then I guess I'll fill in any gaps that look obvious. But I could still change my mind on what I want to do.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lambkin Hill (and a couple of others)

A few weeks back I finished Lambkin Hill.



Then I started and finished in a couple of days this little kit of a cat from Mill Hill.


I also finally finished the finishing from the finishing class for standups on Charlie's First Landing. Really there was no reason for it to wait so long - all it needed was the cording tacked down (and DD did most of it for me - guess she got sick of waiting too).


After that I decided it was time to pull out some WIP's and try and finish them off before I get distracted by the next shiny thing. So I pulled out Desert Diamonds, Flyways, and Hot Air Balloons (which isn't really stitching anymore - I only need to glue the stuff that I forget the name of on all the lines).

Oh - and a photo of Blackwork Cats framed

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Blackwork Cats

I have finished Blackwork Cats by Tanja Berlin.




Of course that also means I started a new piece - Lambkin Hill by Sakoran:


I also found a photo of another couple of RR's I did that I haven't shown you. The first I used pieces from both Just Nan and Dragon Dreams samplers. The second was a mixture of charts I found in my stash.





And my daughters first piece - she started this at the age of 4 and it's taken her 7 years to do. Right on track I think :)

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Blackwork Cats

My blackwork cats are coming along. I've now finished two cats and am working on the third.



Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Beautiful Stripe Mini Stocking

As I now have my stitching lamp and comfortable chair back I have set up my stitching area again and I'm off stitching.

My first finish was Beautiful Stripe by Pat Mazu.



It's hard to see the bling, but there is bling :)

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Quilted table mats

I have had the center fabric for these for quite a while, but apart from knowing I wanted to make something for my Uncle, I didn't know anything else. Eventually at the Houston Quilt Show I found a pattern for a octagonal table mat where the center fabric would be showcased - The Centerpiece Tablemat from Sweet Treasures/Terri Staats. Then I had to decide on the outside bits. The breakthrough happened at a quilt store in Nashville where I found the fabric with the train tracks. Once back in Austin I went to a local store and found the other fabrics. The blue and green were fairly easy to decide on, but the backing took a while. Eventually the shop assistant pulled out the brown one that reminded me of railcar sides and I was like 'yes, that's it', and because I'm lazy I folded it around the edges and sewed it down instead of using binding.

The finished pattern size is a fat quarter I believe, but I didn't want to waste any of the blueprint fabric, so I made the center as big as I could on the fat quarter, so the final size is a bit bigger than the pattern says. And since I actually had a half yard, I decided to make two rather than return the remainder to languishing in the drawer.

I aimed to finish them for Christmas but missed by a week, so they were finished at New Years weekend. Unfortunately they never then made it to the recipient until this week as on the Monday morning we were informed that we basically had two weeks to move back to NZ. So they got packed up and shipped with everything else. Finally being unpacked this week they were sent on their way.


Sunday, December 20, 2015

Blooming Crystals Bracelet

So I've been saving these up - some of them because they were for holiday exchanges so I didn't want to share them until after the exchange happened.

Blooming Crystals Bracelet by Glass Garden Beads, colourway - Top Hat - this was done at our bead bunch meeting back in November.


- I'm having to put all the items in separate posts as apparently I like labels too much and I put too many in for one post :)

My Heart's Garden

My Heart's Garden - an ASG year long program.


Butterfly Bauble

Butterfly Bauble - Jill Oxton magazine.