Saturday, May 03, 2008


The other thing I've done recently is make a net curtain for my daughters room. I started out trying to use this fabric:

But the sunsety stripes were across the fabric so I had to cut it into lengths and then hem each one, and they turned out a bit short and the fabric wasn't really bright enough (the room is rather pink). So I went out and found some more fabric, with stripes the other way so I only needed a hem down each edge and one seam across the top.

Here are the curtains - I wasn't quite sure what to do with the extra fabric at the top so at the moment I've just folded it over and left it (it made hemming it easier if I didn't have to try and cut straight as well) and it seems to be working ok, so until I come up with a brilliant idea on how to finish it neatly it'll stay like that:

Here they are trying to show the colour of the room:

And here's a better picture of how pink the room is - so you can guess how washed out the first try looked (the stitching was done by my mother):

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

Very much pink. Nice curtains. Nice stitching.