Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Heirloom Nativity Sampler

Here is the latest on this - I'm now halfway through the 2nd band. The white isn't showing up as well as on the recommended fabric, but I think it still looks nice. I think switching to a 32ct wasn't the wisest choice either - the star (and presumably the rest of the beads etc when I get there) is a bit squashed and the crosses are a little bit lumpy - almost too much bulk - perhaps I should have only used one strand of silk instead of two. Still if I'm careful they come out alright - it just may take a little longer than normal so that I can take that little bit of extra care to make sure they don't bunch up. The squashing I can't do too much about, but if it looks weird I can adjust the things around.

1 comment:

Maddy*Moo said...

I love this chart but would never stitch it i'm afraid lol. You are making great rogress on it! I love the star charm! Really sets it off! Keep up the good work!