Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bug Collector

On Saturday I went to my monthly stitching group and I did take the Wedding Prayer, but I didn't take my stand. And as I find it hard to work on something in a frame without a stand I gave up and started Bug Collector from Jeannette Douglas Designs which I can do in hand without any frames or hoops.

I'm doing mine in the bright colourway on a pink fabric. I can't give you a photo of it at the moment as there has been a hardware failure with our web server so all our webpages are down until it's fixed - which will hopefully be soon. I'll put one up as soon as I can.

It's one I've wanted to do for a while, but only got the push to get it out when a SAL (stitch-a-long) was started on one of the boards I visit to do one band a week, so I decided to at least attempt to join in. The others started the last week of January, but I didn't get around to getting the final threads until last week, so I'm starting a bit late. I've almost caught up though as the sampler is only about 3 inches wide (45 stitches to be precise), so a band doesn't take long.

No comments: