I know - it's the one you've all been waiting for (Bug Collector from Jeannette Douglas Designs) as it's the new exciting one that you haven't seen before (or something). The fabric is a solitaire from Sparklies.
Here it is after my first session on it:
And here it is after the second:
So much for doing one band a week. Still it's getting done, and I'm enjoying it. I'm going to use it as my take to swimming etc piece once Winter Welcome is finished.
The instructions said that the spots on the lady bugs are supposed to be random and that the backstitch around the bugs wasn't necessary especially on the bright version (which this is). I liked the backstitch though so I put it in, and I then added wing and head divisions. It does make the bugs darker, but I like it - I think it adds definition. The spots turned out to not be so random as the bugs are only four stitches wide and they settle in the holes nicely so they all seem to be in the same places. On the right hand bug the knots are a lot bigger as I wrapped the thread twice around the needle, but then decided that the spots were too big, so switched to only one wrap for the rest. I left the first bug alone though as I didn't think it looked that bad.