Sunday, December 27, 2009

The knitting

I guess as it's now after Christmas I can show you the scarves I knitted for presents. Well, I can show you one anyway, as I discovered I forgot to take a photo of the other. But I do have a photo of the one I did for myself which is the same, just slightly different colours.

Here is the one I made for my mother-in-law:



And the narrower one I made for me, the one for my friend was the same size as this one, but it was more pinks and reds and I think it had gold sparkles instead of silver:



I've still got a ball of green for another for me - I just love the wool and the colours.

2 comments:

Blu said...

They look amazing and elegant!
Are those sparkly bits beads or just the wool?

Z said...

It's the wool - it was like a ladder (which meant I had to concentrate slightly harder to make sure I had both sides in the stitch) and there is a metallic thread that runs down one side then around the blob of colour that makes the 'rung'.