Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wedding Prayer

And the backstitch started:



It still looks really dark even with 3371 instead of 310, but I'm not unpicking it. Maybe next time (not that I'm planning a next time) I'll go for a lighter shade again.

The other thing I've noticed with the backstitch is that it's highlighting where the stitches aren't sitting flat, usually where they have slipped one way or another with the fabric weave. I think I'm going to try and avoid doing cross stitch on 22ct hardanger again.

6 comments:

Blu said...

It does look very dark. Makes the blue and white pop out more though.

Karen said...

Wow, that really gives it great definition. Looks beautiful.

Gina said...

I think it looks good. Really defines the design.
And I always have the problem of finding uneven cross stitches with backstitching - that why I hate it, it shows me how bad my stitching actually is!!!

Cheryl said...

Well, I biggified the photo and I don't see any "less than wonderful" stitches! I think you are too hard on yourself. And, I kinda like the backstitch color. Maybe I'm just a contrarian! LOL!

Z said...

Thank you :) The stitches I did the day before always look better the next day. Maybe cos they've had time to settle down. Or maybe cos I haven't just been squinting at them. lol

MysteryKnitter said...

It's awesome.