Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Pirate Quilt

At long last I show you the pictures of the quilt I completed a couple of weeks ago.

Front:


Back: The light blue wave fabric was going to be the border on the front, but it washed out the quilt too much so I found the dark blue map fabric instead, and pieced lots of leftovers together for the back - I basically started out with the largest pieces I had and went down in size filling in the gaps with as little cutting as possible.


And a gorgeous cat who thinks everything is for her use:


Now I'm working on a 'designer purse' and making changes as usual. It's based on a Simplicity pattern (#9949, view A) and we're adding extra pockets inside, and then I'm making a single cross-body strap as opposed to the shoulder straps that it comes with. Oh ok, I'll show you the current progress.


After this I'll do DD's pink castle quilt - honest :)

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

How awesome! You can quilt!
What a lovely cat!