Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Hoop Box Finish

Well, I guess since it's now been around a month since I finished my hoop box I should post about it. This was a project through my local EGA chapter on fifth Saturdays. The dragonfly was a design by Zoe in the UK when she was teaching us how to do stumpwork.


And I finished a panel on the first rotation of a round robin that I'm doing.


Almost forgot - I did these earrings for my friend:


I also made a second beaded Holiday Bauble Pendant (but didn't take a picture - just look at the last one and correct the mistake) for our local EGA Christmas party, which thankfully found a new home. I say thankfully, because we donate the ornaments to the guild who then sells tickets (to raise money for the scholarship fund) that you can use to vote for your favourite ornament. Once the votes are counted up the ornaments are then won by one of the voters for that ornament. So by someone winning my ornament, that means that someone voted for it :)

I won an ornament this way too, but I packed it safely away from the cats before without taking a photo of it (they pretty much killed the Christmas tree this year - and it wasn't even living to start with). So we'll just pause a minute while I go find it and take a photo...


I also received this beautiful ornament in our gift exchange at our local ANG Christmas party.


In going to get those ornaments out to take photos I decided that perhaps I should take photos of all the ornaments that have been given to me over the years and post them and see if I can get names attached to them all. So below are the ornaments with the names I know or think I know - if I have doubt there will be a question mark by the name. If you recognise any of them as being your work could you please let me know - thanks :)

Mum

Sally (UK)

Sally (UK)

Marion (Amsterdam)

Terry (US)

?Zoe (UK)?

?Paula (UK)?

?Fiona (UK)? - or at least I sent to Fiona in the same exchange - I remember that because I stitched TW's beginner whitework ornament as well.

??

??

??

Terry (US)

??

??

??


Just to round off the post - our two gorgeous cats :)

2 comments:

Suz said...

For a minute there, my reading comprehension failed and I thought you did a lot of exchanges this year! haha!

I really love that ANG exchange ornament! So colorful and pretty!

MysteryKnitter said...

Pet those 2 sweet furry friends of yours! I just love cats.