Okay it's been received so here are the pictures.
The first one is the one I sent out and the bottom one is the one I've kept. Turned out it was a good thing that I made two as I did have a number of finishing 'issues' on one of them - luckily they were all on the same one so I had a nice one to send out.
I think if I was doing it again I'd use cord instead of ribbon for the hanger, and I'd (hopefully) think about stitching on the back as well *before* I sewed it up instead of after.
The pattern came from an old magazine - (UK) Cross Stitcher in 1995 I think it was. Course I've buried the pattern back in my big pile again so I can't check, but I think that's what it was.