Sunday, February 04, 2018

January Wipocalypse update

Well, not much to report here. I have finished section two of my piece for Cyberpointers. And I have had notification that my kit has reached my US postal address, so will soon be winging its way to NZ and I should have that within the next two weeks - a deadline for finishing the Cyberpointers piece perhaps? Unlikely to happen as this section seems to be the most time consuming, but hey, you never know.

I am also halfway through sorting my craft room - we moved in September to a house with a spare bedroom. The original plan was to have a spare bedroom with some sort of fold up bed so the room could serve duel purpose. But it turned out that the fourth bedroom was really too small for that sort of thing (especially as it has one corner cut off on an angle, and too small for a office (we have a computer and a desk each, so we need a little bit more room than the normal home office - so our dining room does double duty, as it has done for the last few houses - good thing we only have a small dining table).

Anyway, after discussion we decided I could turn the fourth room into my craft/sewing room. So for the first few months it was just the dumping ground for stuff we wanted to get out of the way while we rearranged other rooms. But once those were mostly done, or at least looked presentable, at Christmas I pulled everything out of the room and started setting it up. I got my nice IKEA pine table from where it had been stored at my PIL's, and set it up - I am still looking for the screws to hold the extension flap on, but the main part is done. But that was half the room taken up. Then I managed to squeeze three IKEA Billy bookshelves in there - two were English Billys so they are a bit narrower than the US ones and fitted in the angled wall corner. The other is a deep US one, which fits 64L and 84L Really Useful Boxes perfectly - I've mostly used smaller ones though as handling the larger ones can get awkward sometimes. Then I put my chest of drawers with all the quilting fabric in there and the room is pretty well full. And I still have two pieces of furniture I should be fitting in there somehow.

That was the easy part - now I'm on the hard part of sorting stuff and where it should all go. Again, I've done all the easy bits, and have a shelf of WIPs in the wardrobe. The larger Billy has fabric and thread, and the smaller ones all my books and charts. We won't mention the extra boxes of charts and kits that just have to sit on the floor until I can sort and cull my collection. Or the boxes of magazine pages (I've even got rid of most of the magazine and only kept the patterns I liked and I've still got piles) that are stuffed under the desk until I can figure out what to do there. So now I just have random things to deal with - unfortunately there is still way too much of that and I'm going to slow. I blame work for getting in the way of fun things.

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

I hope you get the room such as you want it to be.